These have been unprecedented times for everyone including the Governing Board. The Board has however continued to fulfil its role of providing strategic leadership and accountability. The Board remains committed to overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure money is well spent, holding the headteacher to account for educational performance and ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
In addition, some of the more specific achievements during the past year have been:
- The Governing Board has provided support to the Headteacher and the school throughout the current Covid-19 pandemic
- The Board has quickly adapted to undertaking all business by online meetings
- Adding Staff Welfare to the Board agendas and ensuring it is discussed at each meeting so that it continues to be monitored
- Appointing dedicated subject link governors to support development of the curriculum in all areas
- Signing up for the Local authority online governor training package has enable governors to access more training courses to develop governor’s knowledge and competencies and thereby improve performance
- In order to improve efficiency changes have been made to the Governing Board Committee structure.
- Provided support to the school’s cultural arts leaders with their development of the cultural arts at Hollyfield leading to their successful application to start the Artsmark award.
The Governing Board is dedicated to providing support to school and its leaders during these very difficult times, in order that the best outcomes can be achieved for pupils, staff and the wider school community.